Terms and conditions of useIntroduction
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and This Is About Limited, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by This Is About Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to This Is About Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to those terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
1. The Website contains copyright material, trade names and marks and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, photos, graphics, music and sound. The Content is protected by copyright law, registered and unregistered trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights.
2. This Is About Limited, its licensors, or authorised contributors own the copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such Content, as well as in the Content original to it. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, or in any way exploit, any of the Content, in whole or in part except as provided in these terms and conditions.
3. You may for your own personal, non-commercial use only, retrieve, display and view the Content online. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without our express permission or that of the copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyright material, no changes in our deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyright material.
4. You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
(a) in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
(b) in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
(c) making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
Links to other websites
5. The Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of This Is About Limited or that of our affiliates.
6. We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
7. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the site themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
9. Any online facilities, tools, services or information that This Is About Limited makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. This Is About Limited is under no obligation to update the information on the Website.
10. This Is About Limited is a distributor (and not a publisher) of content supplied by third parties. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers, or users, are those of the authors or distributors and not of us. We do not necessarily endorse nor are we responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on the Website.
11. This Is About Limited gives no warranty or assurance about the content of the Website. As the Website is under constant development its contents may be incorrect or out-of-date and are subject to change without notice. Whilst This Is About Limited makes every effort to ensure that the content of the Website is accurate, This Is About Limited cannot accept liability for the accuracy of all Content at any given point in time.
12. Whilst This Is About Limited uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
13. This Is About Limited accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
14. This Is About Limited reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
15. If you make an arrangement with anyone named in or connected with the Website this is at your sole risk.
Limitation of liability
16. Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
(a) limit of exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable;
(b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
(c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
17. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
18. To the maximum extent permitted by law, This Is About Limited accepts no liability for any of the following:
(a) any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
(b) loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
(c) any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
19. You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
20. These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
22. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
23. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
24. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right of remedy.
25. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
This Is About Limited details
26. This Is About Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 10578033 whose registered address is 11 Emerald Street, London, WC1N 3QL and it operates the Website https://thisisabout.com. The registered VAT number is 269308281. You can contact This Is About Limited by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org.
27. ‘this is about —’ is a UK registered trademark of This Is About Limited.
28. These terms and conditions were created using a document from Rocket Lawyer (https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk).